Sunday, April 3, 2011

I thought this was supposed to be spring?

So, as many of you know, I LOVE winter. I love the snow, the cold, bundling up in cute clothes, going sledding, the whole shebang. This winter was no exception, I loved it. Even though for half of the winter I couldn't go sledding or really play in the snow (due to being pregnant), I still loved this winter. Well, last week was officially the first day of spring, I think. (It was either last week or the week before.) Either way, it's supposed to be spring. I was excited for this new change of seasons. Excited that I would be able to go outside without NEEDING a sweatshirt or a jacket. Excited that I could start leaving my windows open during the day and even at night and not freeze to death. I was very excited for all of these changes.
Well, on Friday, I think it was the first day I actually embraced all of these changes. Mainly because most of the other days I was working and couldn't really embrace them yet. But, also because it was such a beautiful day. The weather was in the high 60s - low 70s, the sun was shining, it was beautiful! I even took some laundry to Justin's parents house to put on the line (which I haven't done since we lived there).
Then yesterday, Saturday, it was a little bit overcast, but still wonderful weather. Justin and I rode in the mustang with the top down, and I wasn't cold at all. The temperature was in the mid 70s, very nice. Well, yesterday evening, while I was at work, the weather decided to say "screw you" to everyone who was loving the warmth and sun and decided to start raining. I was ok with the rain, sad that the nice spring weather was gone, but not too upset with the rain. The only thing I was upset about was that I had gone to work without bringing a sweatshirt or jacket, and I would have to walk to my truck and back up to my apartment in the pouring down rain and get soaking wet. Luckily, once I got to the apartment parking lot, I looked in the back seat (like Justin had told me to) and I found one of his work hooded sweatshirts and I threw it on and ran into the apartment. Well, without fail, not even an hour after I got home, Justin and I look outside and it's no longer raining, it's SNOWING! Seriously, I think that Mother Nature is laughing at all of who LOVED the "spring weather".
It is now almost 10:00 on Sunday morning, it is still snowing (and it snowed all night), and we got a good 4-6 inches of snow. As much as I LOVE winter and snow, I was so ready for this to be over. I guess this will teach me to love spring weather in Utah, it doesn't stay for long. Guess I get one more day of use out of my snow boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment