Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sleep or Lack There Of

So, I have noticed over the past week or so, my sleep habits have changed entirely since my "first trimester". I am still getting my 8 hours of sleep (thank God), but that's it! Most of you may be thinking, you're so lucky you get a full 8 hours of sleep. But, I feel jipped! Up until about a week or so ago, I did not feel fully rested unless I had between 10 and 12 hours of sleep. Even before I was pregnant, I LOVED to sleep in and get between 8 and 10 hours of sleep. But not anymore, and it totally sucks! Now, I get my exact 8, no more.
I'm not sure if this is because my body and baby are telling me that I only NEED 8 hours of sleep, and it's preparing me for even more lack of sleep or if it is because the sun likes to shine in my bedroom window now. Yes, the sun has always shone in my bedroom window, but during my entire first trimester, Justin hung up blankets over the window to make it like a cave in our room (he's amazing that man). He wanted to help me with my migraines and that was pretty much the only way how. You may be wondering, why are they not there anymore? Well, there was a small list of things I asked Justin to do while I was gone on my trip to California, and that was one of them. I was thinking, the blankets hanging there are NOT aesthetically pleasing and my first trimester migraines are over, and I was able to sleep in before without them being there.
So, I have asked Justin to rehang the blankets for me this weekend, because I'm tired of not being able to sleep in at all, and I persuaded him that it would be easier for him to sleep in on weekends as well. I'm tired of waking up with 6:30 with Justin when he gets up for work, and not being able to go back to sleep. I don't leave for work for another 3 1/2 hours later (when I'm working a day shift), so why not sleep for another 2 hours or so?

No comments:

Post a Comment