Thursday, May 26, 2011

How Did I Get So Lucky?

The past 2 days I have been so sick. We weren't really sure what I was sick with and all I knew was that my chest hurt. It didn't hurt on the left side, near my heart (so I knew it couldn't be something with my heart) and it didn't feel like any heartburn I've had before. (And let me tell you, I have had the worst heartburn in the past 3 weeks, I'm sure hoping little miss Elizabeth has as much hair as I do when she comes out!) Justin and I both kind of ruled out heartburn since 1. it didn't feel like any heartburn I've had previously and 2. tums, my best friend for the past 3 weeks, weren't helping at all. It felt like someone was standing on my chest, at the sternum and on the right side, it felt awful. I laid in bed all day Tuesday, hoping that a little R&R (rest and relaxation... not railroad lol) would do the trick, well, nope... it didn't work. I woke up yesterday morning feeling the same way. The only thing that was giving me any relief was when Justin would rub my back, just between my shoulder blades. It felt so much better when he was doing that. Before Justin left for work, we decided I would call the doctor and try to get in or at least see what he had to say. Maybe this was a normal thing in pregnant women, maybe I'm just weird, who knows, but we figured the doctor could help me out.
I called the doctor a little later that morning and unfortunately didn't get to talk to the doctor, instead talked to a kind of rude nurse (oh well). I described my pain and she told me that she thought it was some type of acid thing (she didn't say acid reflux, because I know what that is) but it was something weird. She asked what I had taken, I told her tums and that also for the past 24 hours I hadn't been able to keep any food down. She told me to go get some pepcid ac and some mylanta, also to take my anti nausea pill and if it didn't help I'd be going to the er. So, I rushed myself to Target picked up the medicine, the whole time I was getting the mylanta I kept thinking, "Oh mylanta!"
Well, after I did all of this, Justin called me to see how I was doing. I told him I was about to pass out, thanks to my nausea pill, but that nothing had helped YET. He said he was going to take off work after lunch so that if I needed to go to the er, he could be home to take me. He got home, came in the bedroom, scared the crap out of me since I was asleep and hadn't woken up until there was a big, hairy man over me. I told him I was feeling a little better and if he wanted to, he could go back to work. He said no. First I thought, well, duh why would he want to go back to work when he gets a free day off. And then he said the sweetest thing I've ever heard come out of his mouth. Maybe I'm just super hormonal, but he said, "No, I'm staying right here with you because you and Elizabeth are my world and I don't want anything to happen to you."
Seriously, how did I get so lucky? He stayed right by my side the rest of the day (except when he had to go and coach football for 2 hours) and made sure if I was in pain I took medicine and kept telling me, "Tell me if it hurts really bad and I'll take you to the hospital, you're my world and I don't want anything to happen to you." I'm so lucky to have a husband who is so wonderful and caring. Yes, we may bicker sometimes, just to piss each other off. But, we love each other more than words can describe and more than anything else in this entire world. That is why I keep asking myself, how did I get so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment