Sunday, May 8, 2011

What Day Is Today?... Today Is Mother's Day!

It's kind of funny, whenever I think of Mother's Day I think of a Full House episode that I watched before. In the episode, it's Mother's Day and Uncle Jesse teaches his twins, Nicky and Alex, a song to sing for their mom, Becky. It goes: Jesse sings: "What day is today?" and the boys sing: "Today is Mother's Day." and then it repeats. Well, the boys get so excited for Mother's Day, they end up going and giving Becky their gifts a day early, and wanting to sing her the song. Jesse gets upset with the boys because they gave her the gifts a day early, but Becky explains that it doesn't have to be Mother's Day for her to feel appreciated and loved by her boys.
Well, this is my first Mother's Day as a mom. I don't know that I consider myself a mom, yet. But, Justin says that because I'm carrying our child and letting it grow inside of me, and taking care of it, it makes me a great mom already. I got served breakfast in bed, by my husband, and I couldn't help but picture what Mother's Day will be like next year. My little baby will be here and will be about 7 months old. I can just picture Justin bringing the baby to me in bed, and playing with the baby in bed, then Justin bringing me breakfast in bed.
I'm so grateful for all of the mothers in my life, and the great examples they have been to me. I wish that I could be with my mom this Mother's Day, but unfortunately I'll have to wait a month to see her. Today Justin and I will be spending the day with his mom. Can't wait.
And, TOMORROW is the big day, the day we find out if "Little Lancaster" is a boy or a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment