Monday, May 9, 2011

It's a GIRL!!!

Today we had our ultrasound appointment. I was super nervous before we went there, that I didn't drink enough water and we wouldn't be able to find out what the baby is. Our appointment was at 10:00, so we picked up Justin's mom on the way and ended up getting there about a half hour early. We sat there and found out that the machine wasn't working correctly, so we sat and waited for the other couple to be finished.
We finally went into the exam room around 10:15, and my bladder felt like it was going to explode, from drinking so much water. I laid down on the exam table and I couldn't help but be anxious. The ultrasound technician asked if we knew what the baby was and if we wanted to find out, we told her we didn't know but would love to find out. She started the ultrasound told us all sorts of stuff about the baby, size, etc. She said the baby was perfectly healthy and then proceeded to find out the sex of the baby. The baby was being stubborn (like both parents) and kept crossing her ankles so we couldn't see. Then, she finally let us sneak a peek, and... SHE'S A GIRL!!!
I am so excited! Justin's mom and I both laughed, because Justin wanted a boy so bad. But, I cannot wait to dress this little girl in pink and teach her how to be a little princess. Don't get me wrong, she's going to know her sports and of course know how to hunt, but she is definitely going to be a princess.
We've decided her name is going to be: Elizabeth Ann.
I told Justin that it's a good thing he can tolerate the color pink, since there's going to be lots of pink around the house now. With my favorite color being pink, and me doing lots of pink for Elizabeth.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! Terri! I'm so excited for you and Justin! I absolutely love the name Elizabeth - very cute name for a little girl! I think little girls are so much funnier to shop/dress up/etc than boys. There is just so much more cute things you can do for girls. Congrats Justin and Terri on your little princess! :D

    ReplyDelete