Thursday, June 2, 2011

Trip to the ER

Last weekend was a pretty eventful weekend. Not only was it Memorial Day weekend BUT I also got to take a trip to the ER.
Saturday evening, after I started working (at work) I started having the pains in my chest again. I tried to sit down for a few minutes and relax myself, to see if that would help, but it didn't. I didn't want to leave work, since I had already called in sick earlier in the week due to the chest pain. So I tried to stick it out. That lasted about 15 minutes until my manager came and told me to go home because I didn't look good.
When I got off work I called Justin to let him know I was coming home. He insisted that we go to the ER, so after I got home and changed that was where we went.
I got checked in to the ER, they took my blood pressure and pulse and everything looked normal. I told them the pain wasn't near my heart, but more near my sternum and on the right side. They decided to start doing all sorts of tests, to figure out what it was. They did an EKG, an x-ray, an ultrasound of my heart and gall bladder, a blood clotting test, and a urine test. All of the tests came back normal. We were there for 6 hours and they can't figure out what's wrong with me. So, home we went. It was definitely the way that we wanted to spend our Saturday night. But, good news, Elizabeth is healthy and that's all that matters to me right now.
I haven't really had chest pains lately, and when I do, I try not to think about them, because nobody can figure out what they are. They don't think it's heartburn, since every medicine that is supposed to get rid of heartburn hasn't worked.
Let's hope that it all goes away soon, especially so we can enjoy our California vacation next week! 4 more days till we fly out to California, 5 more days till we're at the beach, 6 more days till my baby brother graduates high school... OMG it's gonna be a fun vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment