Saturday, June 25, 2011

It's already June 25th

I can't believe that this month is already almost over. This month seems to just come and gone. We have been extremely busy throughout this month, but it's definitely been a good thing.
On June 5th we started our journey to California. I describe this as a journey because of how difficult it was for us to actually get there. My dad got us our tickets to fly out there, but they were standby, so he continually checked the "airplane loads" so we would know which flight was best for us to take. He told us the Sunday night flight would be best. Luckily we already had Monday off of work, so off we went to the airport. We got checked in early and sat at the airport for about 2 hours. As it got to be time to start boarding the plane we noticed that the screen said there were 9 seats available and we were #10 and 11 on the list. We had a feeling we wouldn't be getting on the flight. We didn't. We ended up having Justin's mom come and pick us up, our luggage flew to California without us, and we flew to California on Monday morning.
We got to LAX around 9:00 in the morning on Monday and just kind of hungout all day. Monday was my sister's birthday, so we went out to dinner with her and the rest of my family. We stayed on Monday and Tuesday with a family from Justin's mission, the Yukihiro's. Tuesday, we went to the beach with their daughter, Jessa. Justin and I weren't very smart and forgot to put on sunscreen, we got FRIED. Wednesday was my brother's graduation, so we went out to lunch with my dad then went to the graduation. We were there until Sunday and had so much fun visiting with everyone. Elizabeth got some cute presents from our family and friends in California. And, she got a ton of hand me downs.
Since getting back from California, we have been working a ton. The week that we got back, I didn't have to work until Thursday, so Justin volunteered me to watch 3 of his nephews for 2 days. We spent those days in the pool, and got lots of sun. It's been super hot here, and the only way I've been able to stay sane at all has been the AC. I sure do love that our apartment has air conditioning.
It doesn't sound like we've been up to too much, but I feel like we have been so busy! I am definitely going to love the AC this summer and the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment