Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Recap

First of all, Merry belated-Christmas to everyone! Justin and i enjoyed out Christmas wwek/weekend. We wish that we could've spent our holiday with all of our family, but living in a different state, it's hard. So, we're hoping we can switch off every year, kind of like divorced parents. lol.

Well, we started off our holiday week/weekend on Thursday. We traveled up to Lava Hot Springs with Justin's parents, brother and sister-in-law and their kids, and Justin's 2 other nephews. When we got there, it was about 6:00 so we got settled into the house that we were staying in, and then headed to the springs. The water was nice and relaxing, and it was so different than when we went for our honeymoon. There were so many more people than when we were there, and it was different for us to be there with our whole family. After the hot springs, we went back to the house, relaxed, had dinner, and then went to bed. The house was really nice, it had 2 bedrooms upstairs each with a queen bed, and a bedroom downstairs in the basement with a queen bed and a full size bunk bed. We got a room upstairs, Justin's parents were also upstairs, and his brother, sister-in-law, and the kids were all downstairs. On Friday, we went to the hot springs in the morning then packed up andd went home. It was a short trip but we really enjoyed it. When we got home, we were surprised by our Christmas present from my mom! we got matching footie pajamas! Justin claims he doesn't like them, but as soon as I opened up the box he grabbed them, ran to the bathroom and put them on. That doesn't sound to me like he doesn't like them. I had to work on Christmas eve, luckily only till about 8:30.

Christmas Day, I woke up at about 7:30, hoping there would be a miracle and there would be snow. But, there was no Christmas miracle of snow. I was so excited to wake up and make Justin our first Christmas breakfast, so I got up, made cinnamon rolls and bacon, then went and woke him up at about 8:00 so we could open presents. We opened presents and Justin was so excited about what I got him! I got him a new hunting game for his xbox, and a new shirt. Justin got me this cool beanie thing, and a BEAUTIFUL heart necklace. The necklace is very similar to one that my dad got for my mom on their first Christmas, so it means a lot to me. After presents and breakfast, Justin played his game before we got ready to go to his parents. We were planning to stop at Wal-Mart and get the last minute presents that Justin forgot to get, but Wal-Mart was closed. Luckily Walgreens was open, so we got the stuff we needed there. Christmas was pretty good over at Justin's parents. There were a few comments made to me by his sister-in-laws, that made me wish that I was in California with my family. But, all in all, it was ok. After Justin and I left, we went home and decided that we were going to start a new tradition for Christmas. We were going to go to the movies that night. So, Justin played his game and I watched A Christmas Story until we left for the movies. It was an amazing night, and Justin helped me to forget the drama that happened that afternoon. And, he made me remember that my family isn't only in California, but that he is my family and will always be with me.

I hope that everyone had a great Christmas, and may this upcoming year be as amazing if not better than this one was!


No comments:

Post a Comment