Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

So, Justin and I will be spending this Christmas in Utah. Initially I was a little sad that I wouldn't be spending Christmas with my family in California, but then I thought... 1. I will still be with family, because Justin's family is my family now and 2. I'll get a WHITE CHRISTMAS! Now that it is 2 days before Christmas, I am a little disappointed in my First Utah Christmas. Justin's family is wonderful, and I am so excited to spend the holiday with them, and for Justin and I to start our own traditions, BUT it looks like I will not be getting a white Christmas after all. The forecast for Saturday (Christmas) is: Partly Cloudy with the high in the low 40s. In case you missed it, it does not call for snow, it does not call for rain (which could turn in to snow), basically, I feel like it's just going to be a colder version of a California Christmas, minus my family.

I'm excited to take part in one of Justin's family traditions. Since Justin's dad was young, his family always went to Lava Hot Springs, ID right before Christmas. Justin went when he was growing up, and now he is going to be sharing that tradition with me. Justin's parents are taking the whole family up to Lava Hot Springs on Thursday afternoon, we will spend the night and then come back Friday afternoon. It'll be a short trip, but it will be fun to spend time with everyone up there! Justin and I went there on our honeymoon, and it was so quiet and relaxing, we're really looking forward to this trip!

In case I don't get on here again before Christmas, I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. May your days be merry and bright, and may all your Christmases be white!

No comments:

Post a Comment